Scot-Tech Furniture Services Ltd t/a The Living Room takes a principled approach to data privacy and protection and we welcome the new General Data Protection Legislation (GDPR) which comes into effect 25th May 2018.
We take the security of your information very seriously and are committed to treating all personal data that comes into our organisation with the utmost care, integrity and respect.
1. Processing your data
We process your data to deliver the products and services ordered from Scot-Tech Furniture Services Ltd t/a The Living Room. Data protection allows us to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. (Contract/consent/legitimate interests/legal obligation)
2. Information collected
Information may arise from completion of an account application form, placing of an order or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
- Company Identifiable Information (Name, address, VAT number, Company number, bank details, etc)
- Personal Identifiable Information (Names, email address, postal information, contact numbers etc)
- Financial Information
- Technical Information
3. Data utilisation
The purpose for which information is processed may include the following:
- To provide quotations, and deliver products and services and meet legal responsibilities
- Manage communications and customer service interactions
- Maintaining records and administer your account
- Process financial transactions
Data will be held & processed to enable Scot-Tech Furniture Services Ltd t/a The Living Room to provide quotations following an enquiry about a product, send information and process subsequent orders. In addition we provide customer service and deal with the financials pertaining to your order. We treat your personal details with the utmost care and would only ever pass on limited information from your order to a number of trusted suppliers to ensure your delivery is made to your specifications. They would be obliged to keep your details securely and to use them only to fulfil a service provided to you on our behalf.
Access to data is restricted to staff that require to administer your account
5. Retention of data
We only hold on to your information for as long as is deemed necessary and as regards legal requirements.
Under GDRR you have a number of rights including
- Right of Access – To request access to your personal information and to know what information we hold and why we hold it
- Right to Rectification – To request that information is corrected if the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to Erasure – To have personal information erased unless we have any lawful reason to retain it
- Right to Object – To reject our processing of your personal data unless we have any lawful reason to do so
You have a legal right to submit a complaint about how we handle your data, however we do seek to resolve all complaints directly and can be contacted – The Data Protection Officer, Scot-Tech Furniture Services Ltd t/a The Living Room, 127 Elliot Street, Glasgow, G3 8EX. If you wish to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office the details are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk